Patricia Gonzalez: «In the first two games we tried to make our best»
Azerbaijan U19 coach Patricia Gonzalez who before was a trainer of women’s football club Rayo Vallecano in her native Spain headed the national team more than one year ago. For this time Azeri women’s football has grown seriously. On the eve of the final game of the group round Patricia shared your opinion about the current tournament in Sochi.
- What were your impressions of your team performance in the first two matches of the group stage?
- We tried to make our best. Some months ago we have just prepared this team for the 2015 EURO first qualifying round. Of course we wanted other results. But my players did everything what they could.
- What do you expect from upcoming games of Azerbaijan in Sochi? What are your future plans and goals?
- Our goal is to give the big international experience for my players. Strong teams take part in the Kuban Spring 2014. We tried to take points in the next matches.
- How do you like the organization of the Kuban Spring 2014? What can you say about the weather in Sochi and other conditions of the tournament?
- The organization is very good, the weather is nice for March. We are glad of it.
- Many footballers from your team who play here took part in the 2012 FIFA Women’s U17 World Cup in Azerbaijan…
- Yes. They are growing as the players. This Championship was a very strong international experience for them. I’ve always told that the Azeri Football Federation support was very big. We have a lot of conditions for improving.