«It would be great to see more Russian players in our clubs»
FUR official website www.rfs.ru spoke to FUR ExCo member, Head of FUR Veterans’ Committee, Head of the Russian Football Veterans’ Union and FUR President’s Adviser Alexander Mirzoyan.
Ever Shining Stars tournament
- It is a very interesting competition. About 150 football veterans come together for the tournaments every month. These tournaments are attended by their families and supporters. And it is great! We unite the veterans in this way. We offer them a place for friendship and communication regardless their club preferences.
Variety of events for football veterans
- The Russian Football Veterans’ Union was established in 1993. And already in 1994 with the support of FUR and the Lev Yashin Foundation we sent two teams (35-45 year old and above 45 years old) to the World Veterans’ Games in Australia where they both became the champions. Since then we held a great number of competitions including competitions for orphans’ houses. We used to organize tournaments devoted to various anniversaries too, even ordered a special retro kit for the teams. In general so many events for these years that I cannot pick up the most significant.
60th Anniversary of the Olympic Gold
- This year we celebrate a significant anniversary – 60 years since the USSR won the Olympic Games in Australian Melbourne. Several days ago one of those players who made this victory, Anatoly Isaev, passed away. Currently only three players from that team stay with us – former FC Spartak players Nikita Simonyan and Alexey Paramonov as well as former PFC CSKA player Yury Belyaev. The final match of the Olympic football tournament took place on 8 December 1956. Besides, this year we celebrate another anniversary – in summer 1966 the USSR team first reached the semi-final of the World Cup. We decided to unite these two anniversaries and held a celebration.
- On 6 August we will stage a joint event with the Charity Foundation of Moscow Sports Veterans. Besides, ahead we have the Russian Championship finals in two age categories - 40-50 year old and above 50. The first competition we plan to hold in Samara or the Samara region; the second in Sochi.
Above this, we are preparing to the celebration of the 90th anniversary of FUR First Vice-president, our outstanding former player Nikita Simonyan that will be on 12 October.
The Russian Premier League Championship
- At the end I would like to say a few words about the upcoming Russian Premier League Championship that will start in July. It would be great if there are more Russian players in our clubs and they come to the pitch not only because of the requirements of the regulations but because they proved their right to play. If it comes true it will be easier for us to prepare for the home 2018 FIFA World Cup. The player can grow only within the competition for the position on the pitch. I would wish our players to be praised more often than being criticized. But they have to play well for that. This is what I want to wish them: play well, get positive emotions and offer positive emotions to us, supporters – and then the level of our championship will improve too.